
Just got back from Tues morning story time at the Carroll Gardens Library. Normally, story time is an entertaining, if uneventful, way to pass the better part of an hour while the toddlers mill around, partly listening and partly playing. But this morning, things were different: our young Aidan chose his little seat in the front row and proceeded to sit and listen like a Very Big Boy to all three stories and at least 5 or 6 songs. Even when the little boy in white (right next to him) inched closer and put his arm around Aidan & offered him a book, our little guy stayed perched in his seat, quietly listening to the librarian. I am just so proud of him!! He's a sure bet for the first grade citizenship award :)
Jack & I sat behind him; or rather, I sat behind him while Jack sat on my lap, crawled around the carpeted floor, sprawled under the chair and ran out the story room door three times. I couldn't manage to get a better pic of Aidan's quiet victory because Mr. Jack became occupied with someone else's bag of snacks...
No comments:
Post a Comment