
We went to the Aquarium today (well, the boys and I went; poor Deb had to work...lots of boarding dogs around the holidays) and it was a very pleasant afternoon. There were no crowds on this day before Christmas, and we had great views of each exhibit. They loved all the fish and other sea life. We spent lots of time in the "Explore the Shore" and "Stinging Jellyfish" buildings, where I let them out of the stroller to wander around and investigate...it's so funny what they notice vs. what I think they'd want to see. Jack enjoyed every fish tank, and even planted a kiss on a big display of tiny jellyfish, but he still took time to play with the wheels on someone else's stroller. Aidan was very interested in just getting out of the stroller and the possibilities that present themselves when I want him to come to me, but he wants to go elsewhere...you can almost see him weighing his options. He doesn't run, exactly; but that day is not far off. He also found the only unprotected electrical outlet in the entire facility and was strangely drawn to it. We ended the visit on a good note, getting a close-up view of penguin feeding time, and watching carefully as Danny the otter ate his shellfish dinner. Very nice.
Here they are, snoozing already, unaware that there will be presents in their stockings tomorrow morning. Sleep well...
No comments:
Post a Comment