




Winter is here, and normally I'm a big fan, one of those rare few that live for the temps to drop and the chance to feel cold wind on my face again. But as I march the boys around, bundled to the nines, we see only empty playgrounds and abandoned sandpits. Not even a trace of snow to play in, either. Bah.
So, we turned to mommypoppins for some indoor play ideas that don't cost a fortune and she didn't disappoint. On this cold Saturday, we headed back to the Children's Museum. It's a totally different experience, now that they can walk -- in the three hours we spent there, we covered a whole lot of ground and touched a whole lot of stuff, some of it living (a thankfully immobile sea cucumber, at the Touch Tank). I was only able to get a few photos. Most of the activities went by in a blur (indoor river and beach! fish tanks! snakes and parrots! puppets and music and tumbling!) and were unphotographed: much as predicted, these babies have a tendency to toddle off in separate directions ALL THE TIME. Many a helpful mom (complete strangers to me, but they see twins and are sympathetic) is getting serious karma points by talking to/occupying one little guy while I lope off to recapture one gone astray.
At the end of the visit, as their energy wound down, I was able to briefly bring out the cell phone and snap a few pics...here they are playing at the fantastic bi-level water feature. I also caught them at the sand table -- Aidan was in heaven there with glittery blue sand (you can see lots of it under their feet) and a million scoops and funnels. Jack made friends with a little girl and her auntie playing next to us...he does love those little girls. And at the very last, we relaxed with a book in the cozy and quiet reading nook (aren't they sweet in that big chair? ) That is, until Jack heard a noise that needed further investigation, and the chase was back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment