

On Tuesday, I faced my fear of taking the babies out alone (I mean, other than walking up to Fairway) and decided we would go to the Babies & Books story time at the Carroll Gardens branch of the Brooklyn Library. This was a huge undertaking, because I really didn't know if I could handle a situation wherein both twins had a public meltdown simultaneously...but it turned out well, and wasn't as hard as I thought. Granted, this was probably because Aidan slept through the entire event, but still...I'm pretty proud of myself for trying it. There were stories, songs and little action rhymes. There were babies, bubbles and a slew of weary-looking nannies. A steady stream of toddlers appeared in front of my spot on the floor, helpfully pointing out that one baby was sleeping, and gazing longingly at Jack's bottle. Jack took in everything very seriously, and drank faster when it seemed his "bati" might be in danger of being snatched. Sadly, we couldn't claim our complimentary little board books for attending, because Mama didn't have any free hands to sign the registration form! All in all, though, the outing was a success and Aidan finally woke up in time to enjoy the scenery on the long walk back...
(pics are from a camera phone...I did what I could)
No comments:
Post a Comment