




Jack loves playing with water: the bath, the dog's bowl (!), especially water tables - big or small. Today I turned up the heater in the playroom, stripped them down to just diaper + shirt and filled up our trusty water table for some Friday afternoon fun. Jack is very serious about splashing, pouring, and squirting water. He quickly got soaked but could have continued all afternoon if I'd let him. Aidan had some watery fun, too -- then he got hungry and downed some snacks while watching his brother for a while, before wandering away (soaked as well). Jack was none too pleased to see the water dumped out and the table dried off when dinnertime rolled around.
We had a big day today, even before this afternoon. Earlier this morning, Deb & I took the boys to a toddler tumbling class at a local playspace. We weren't exactly expecting Cirque Du Soleil: they're not really too coordinated yet. But, as it turned out, we all had such a good time! There was a padded obstacle course with adorable toddlers climbing, jumping, rolling, crawling, balancing, etc. And a beanbag toss. And bubble catching & popping. And the all-important circle time with songs. The washable animal stamp on each baby's chubby little hand was a nice touch at the end. And next Friday, the teacher Michelle said we'll work on forward rolls...
I'll definitely make time to take photos next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment