
I am So Very Tired. The boys are on completely opposite sleep schedules from midnight till about 7:00AM, when they are both ready to get up in earnest. If you've had a baby, imagine this: whenever that baby fell asleep, another baby woke up. Now imagine that you're not imagining it. I can't believe I made fun of people who have "night nannies" to take care of the baby while the parents get a whole night's sleep. Now I would gladly trade something small, like a pinky toe, for a lovely night nanny and the chance to sleep more than 45 minutes consecutively. The good news: it should only be another month or two before they sleep for 6 or 7 hours at night. Also good news: these cutie-pies are mine to wake up to.
Ugh! Hang in there! I remember those days and I would never wish it upon anyone, but you are so right, in the midst of all of the exhaustion there are two little boys who are learning they can count on mama to take care of them.
ReplyDeleteThe one piece of advice that every parent of twins told me was get them on the same schedule and it is for the example you just gave why that is so important. To this day, my girls do everything at the same time and it was so worth it to get here!
They are super adorable!