Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Wrubels: Brooklyn's Best Childcare since at least Nov, 2008*


Since Deb's out of town for the week, Mitch & Laurie's daughter, Jamie, has been babysitting the boys for four hours every afternoon. This is so that I can effectively run the daycare (in theory, at least...I try, I really do, but my thoughts stray to babies, not business...poor long-suffering customers). The boys love Mitch & Laurie, who've sat for them in the past and they love Jamie, too. She plays with them for a couple hours, interacting in new and different ways, which is great exposure for them, then feeds them their evening bottles and goes through their bedtime routine. Aidan is a good sleeper, but trusty Jack likes to give Jamie a run for her money. He's far more interested in playing, talking or looking around than in drifting off to sleep like he's supposed to. But Jamie's persistent gentle rocking and soothing eventually get him: he's dozing quietly by the time she leaves at 7:00.

Here the efficient Jamie has the boys freshly bathed and pajama-ed, ready for another successful reading of "I Am A Bunny".


* And probably long before that, since Jamie is at least 24 years old...

No comments:

Post a Comment