



Puree of carrots, mixed with plain yogurt and garlic hummus (yes, I'm entirely serious). All organic, quite yummy. And some sips of water from Mama's Klean Kanteen, if we can just figure out how to break into it. Jack & Aidan are adventurous eaters, and will try everything we let them have...they haven't hated anything yet! Here's hoping that their early exposure to healthy and interestingly-seasoned food will stave off the chicken-nuggets-french-fries-white bread diet that so many toddlers demand. Another of their favorites is the filling of my Amy's spinach & feta pockets. I can't get more than a few bites for myself anymore...they insist, and what Mama could deny them? Not this one.
Enough photos, Mama; let's get this meal started...
Hmm...I was raised on all homemade, natural baby food, etc. Then sent off to a hippie pre-school where we ate organic and natural. To this day, that stuff is comfort food for me. HOWEVER, once I was old enough to know better the first thing I wanted to eat was CRAP. I was never allowed soda as a kid. You know what I have a constant supply of now? SODA. Same with sugary cereals. So limit them, but don't deny them totally. Otherwise they'll become fixated and sugary crap is all they'll want later on. Take it from the hippie child...
ReplyDelete